Earn Your Social Work Degree and Save 10% off Online Tuition
Case Western Reserve University has partnered with your organization to offer 10% off tuition and no application fee for the online Master of Science in Social Administration (MSSA) program for you and your immediate family members (spouse or child), as long as you are employed with this partner organization.
Case Western Reserve’s online Master of Science in Social Administration (MSSA) prepares students with the practical knowledge they’ll need to become influential leaders in the field of social work, whether practicing locally, nationally, and internationally.
Emphasizing real-world experience and a competency-based curriculum, the program addresses key areas of social work practice, including ethics and values, self-awareness, cross-cultural knowledge, cross-cultural skills, service delivery, empowerment and advocacy, workforce diversity, professional education, language diversity, and leadership.
Choose from two distinct concentrations:
Community Practice for Social Change
Develop the practical skills and values needed to lead and organize comprehensive social change on a broad scale. Address a range of issues including globalization, poverty, inequality and oppression, cultural diversity, women’s issues, human rights and more.
Students enrolled in the Direct Practice concentration learn to engage individuals, families, and groups, assess client needs and strengths, provide or help arrange needed services and support, weigh intervention alternatives, implement change strategies, and evaluate results.
Select one of two specializations:
- Children, Youth and Families (CYF): Focus on theory and practice directly relating to the identification and assessment of problems that affect young people and families, including adoption, drugs, child and adolescent mental health, physical abuse and violence. Course work may be applied toward educational requirements for membership in the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT).
- Mental Health/Adult (MHA):Focus on creating sustainable living by transforming communities and developing and disseminating effective theory and practice for community-based mental health practice with adults. Examine public health, drug treatment, and mental health policies, practices and services.
Setting the Standard in Social Work Education
- Prestige – Earn an advanced degree you can be proud of from the highly ranked and internationally influential Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences
- Focus – Choose a concentration to specialize your professional field of practice and develop your foundation in the area of social work that most interests you
- Convenience – Students with a BSW can complete the master’s program in as few as 2 years while continuing to work; non-BSW students in almost 2.5 years
- Immersion – Get a hands-on field education experience integrated with coursework
- Experience – Our expert faculty actively engages students throughout their education, bringing firsthand experience and field practice expertise into every course